Stress is a necessary part of one’s life. When we do not successfully recognize, divert, or process the stressors that affect us, our body’s reaction becomes negative and goes into a phase called the “Fight or Flight Syndrome.” If the source of stress is not counteracted, after a period of time the person experiences the disease phase.
We cater to the needs of each client. We believe strongly in self awareness, holistic health, and the power of regular massage therapy. We take the time to teach you how to reap the benefits from small lifestyle changes and regular massage treatments.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF
Care of your body should be at the top of your priority list. You will feel and look better if you take the necessary steps regarding your health and nutrition. Stress relief alone can improve your vitality and state of mind. Massage and bodywork can play an important role in your life.
CAN MASSAGE BENEFIT ME?
Massage provides relief and relaxation to people from all walks of life – the weekend or competitive athlete, the home gardener, the overstressed executive struggling to keep pace, secretaries, and laborers. Anyone can feel the need for a massage at some point in time.
ARE THERE DIFFERENT KINDS OF MASSAGE AND BODYWORK?
There are numerous types of massage and bodywork. Various techniques utilize different strokes, including basic rubbing strokes, rocking movement, posture and movement reeducation, application of pressure to specific points, etc. Ask the practitioner about the methods he or she uses.